Having a good espresso machine is vital to make an excellent cup of coffee. Considering the widely renowned love for espresso, coffee machines are undoubtedly the most important part of a café’s equipment list. A good machine doesn’t just make the process smooth but also helps you prepare and enjoy different varieties of coffee.
It is never too late to learn how to achieve this perfection. Here’s a guide on how to make espresso coffee using an espresso coffee machine:
- First, select the right roast level. It varies according to the type of drink you want. Since espresso refers to the preparation and grind of the beans, the roast level can be adjusted to make either an espresso or a latte or cappuccino. Since we are focusing on just espresso, it is best to go for a single-origin bean that hasn’t been roasted too dark. Buy beans that were roasted 5 to 12 days ago so that they’re still fresh, but not still releasing carbon dioxide.
- Then, grind the beans in a high-quality coffee grinder. Make sure that they are ground very fine, but not too fine a powder. Picture granulated sugar – that should be the consistency. Grind one ounce of beans for a single shot of espresso. An espresso bean grinder dispenses the freshly ground beans directly into the portafilter of the espresso machine. Tamp the grounds evenly.
- Now, work begins with the real espresso coffee machine. First, purge the group head of the machine to get rid of lower temperature water. Now attach the portafilter to the group head.
- Place the espresso cup or shot glass beneath the head and turn the machine on. Start a timer if required. Once the espresso starts dripping, after a few seconds, check if it is looking creamy and thick. This is called crema – a creamy layer of coffee.
- Once the shot has been brewed for about 20 seconds, stop extracting. Turn off the machine now. Your espresso shot is ready – pair it with chocolate or cookies and give your taste buds a treat!
- Heat the machine first so that the water in the reservoir is hot. After the machine is hot, turn it on. Set it to a temperature that produces steam, since espresso shots require steam. The rest of the process remains the same. Pull the espresso shot from the machine into a small cup, and you’re good to go.
- Whichever machine you use, give it a thorough cleaning afterwards so that nothing remains behind to interfere with the process the next time.
Kaapi Machines offers a wide range of coffee equipment, including the most precise and easy to manage espresso coffee machines. Now that you know how to make espresso coffee, all that remains is to get a state-of-the-art machine. Visit www.kaapimachines.com to know more about our range of sophisticated coffee machines that will help you prepare the perfectly brewed cup of coffee.
Fun and interesting coffee facts to jumpstart your day
All the caffeine lovers would agree that coffee has the power to uplift your mood for the entire day. From…
5 best types of coffee to wake you up in the morning
Whether it is coffee or tea, we all love our morning jolt of caffeine. For coffee lovers, this cup is…
How to make espresso coffee with the espresso machine?
Having a good espresso machine is vital to make an excellent cup of coffee. Considering the widely renowned love for…
Since it was introduced in 2005, the AeroPress coffee brewing method has been gaining a lot of attention from ardent…
5 best coffee machines in India: Review and buying guide
For coffee to taste spot-on, it is essential to have an authentic, well-crafted coffee machine. Whether the coffee is enjoyed…
3 best coffee machines for small offices in India
Who can say no to a good cup of coffee during a stressful day at the office!? Nowadays, every office…